QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery works as a savior to the QuickBooks users. If you are an active user of the software then this article will be very helpful to you.
QuickBooks is a retail managing software that helps users to manage their records and transaction data. The application has an amazing user-friendly interface. QuickBooks allows the user to keep tier important data at the reach. However, just like any other software, QuickBooks also has some error that has also dissatisfy the users over time. But the amazing tool of the software QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery helps the user to recover the damaged and corrupted data files.
In this article, we will share all the important details of the QuickBooks ADR. Hence read the blog till the end and use QuickBooks like a pro.
What is QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Tool?
The QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery or ADR is useful for backing up the company files. You can use the transaction log and then copy all the corrupted transaction data. To run a business it is important to keep all the data in a safe place to avoid losing them. QuickBooks surely improve the software by introducing the Auto Data Recovery tool. he tool also allows using the useful features of the Auto Replication like auto-recovery feature, the QuickBooks Transaction Log file ( .QBW.tlg), and create a duplicate QuickBooks Company File ( .QBW).
If you want to recover the lost files, there are two ways to do that. They are:
- The ADR tool allows the user to recreate the information a few hours prior with the company file and transaction log.
- It can also recreate the recent transaction. And it allows you to get a copy of the original transaction log.
Important Points Before Using QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery
It is important to read this section very carefully. Because you must keep the following points in mind to use the software in a better way:
- The Auto Data Recovery is not available for the Accountants Editions.
- You can use the tool for the files up to 1. GB. ADR can also recover the files that are less or equal to the 1.5 Gigabytes.
- Ensure that you have the updated version of the QuickBooks Desktop.
- QuickBooks ADR is available for only Windows users with the QuickBooks Pro, Enterprise, and Premier versions.
Benefits of Auto Data Recovery QuickBooks
Before using the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery files, it is important to understand how the ADR will help you in your business and improving your QuickBooks experience.
- You can use the QuickBooks ADR to recover the damaged company files.
- The user can also recreate the lost data. However, the process is a little time taking, even some days.
- QuickBooks Auto Data Recover allows the user to recover the files in a much faster way than other methods.
- You can also perform many tests with the company files using the QuickBooks ADR.
Ways to Use QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery
If you want to recover your damaged or corrupted with the help of Auto Data Recovery, then go through the following steps very carefully.
Method 1: With the Help of .TLG and .QBW.adr Files
- You need to create a new folder on the Desktop and name the folder as QBTest.
- Now open the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery tool.
- Verify the corporate file’s location on the Product Information Screen.
- Copy the .QBW.adr files and .TLG.adr files, so paste them on the recently created QBTest folder.
Reflect File Extensions
- Press the keys Windows + E at the same time to open the File Explorer.
- Select the Organize choice and hit the Folder option.
- Search for the Option button.
- Press the View button and choose File Name Extension in Windows ten, 8.1, and 8.
- Choose the Hide extension possibility for known file varieties.
- Hit on the Apply possibility.
- After that hit the button OK.
- Remove the .adr file from the top of the file name within the QBTest file. That might offer you the .TLG files and .QBW files on the QBTest folder.
- Open the QuickBooks application.
- In the QBTest folder, open the Company File and use the account register to verify the transactions.
- Make sure the integrity of the Company file by running the verify Utility.
- In case, Company file doesn’t have any issue then move the broken company file to a distinct location.
- You can transfer the copy of the QBTest to the first location.
You Can Also Read, Methods To Troubleshoot Quickbooks Error 15240
Method 2: Fix with the Original .QBW.adr and .TLG Files
- Create a new folder on the Desktop and name it QBTest.
- Open the file wherever you’ve got saved the Company file.
- Now check the placement of the Company file on the No Company Open Windows and Product Information screen.
- After following the higher than steps, from the corporate file attempt to copy the “Corresponding .TLG folder, paste it to the QBTest file.
Reflect File Extensions
- Press the keys Windows + E on the keyboard at the same time to open File Explorer.
- Now choose the Organize possibility and hit on the Folder button.
- After that, explore the Options button.
- Now select the Hide extensions for the files that are identified.
- Hit on the Apply and press okay to continue.
- Open the QuickBooks Auto data recovery file.
- The ADR file is at similar locations that of the company file.
- Copy the .QBW.adr file.
- Then on your QBTest folder, paste the traced file to the .TLG and .QBW.adr file.
- After finishing the previous step, delete the .adr folder from the tip of the file.
- Now, open the software QuickBooks.
- Go to the Company File that is saved within the QBTest folder. To verify all the transactions by exploiting the account register.
- Check if the version of the company file has all knowledge and is perfect to use. Move the broken company file to a unique location.
- Now transfer the initial QBTest to the initial location.
We have discussed two ways to use the essential tool QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery. Hopefully, the methods helped you to answer the question “how to restore QuickBooks Auto data Recovery” and recover the damaged and corrupted company files of your system. The QuickBooks ADR tool is one of the efficient and effective tools that help the user to recover the broken files. However, if none of them really helped you recreate your data then try to contact the support team of the software. You can get the helpline number from the official website of Intuit QuickBooks. The team is available 24X7 for help. If you liked the article then check out our other QuickBooks-related blogs. Stay Connected!