In this technology-driven world, one cannot suffer any delay because of any technical errors like QuickBook error 3371 status code 11118. If you are facing this error while opening or activating your QuickBooks Software in your system and got frustrated in resolving the issues. So, this is the right place for you to know the complete solution to fix QuickBooks Error 3371, Error status code 11118.
This era of technology provides a handful of opportunities and solutions at ease and in a simplified manner for every issue that arises. Even Intuit, an American software company, introduces software for an accounting solution named QuickBooks, which is now used by many companies. But, despite being helpful software, it has some flaws. Recently many of the users face QuickBooks error 3371 status issues during re-configuring the desktop or set up the QuickBooks company files for the first time.
What is QuickBooks Error 3371?
This QB Error 3371 interrupts you to do any work on your computer because of some unwanted factors. When you try to execute the software after the reconfiguration of the system for the first time on your computer, a pop message open up on your display screen with a message like
QuickBooks Error 3371, Status Code 11118”
“QuickBooks Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data“.
This error stops you to initialize License properties, due to improper shutdown or damaged file on your computer. Just click on the ‘OK’ button to close the window.
This error is a bit frustrating to resolve but if you have the knowledge about the factors which occur the error, you do it with ease.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 3371
When the users are facing QuickBooks Error 3371 in their system they will face different issues to access the QB accounting software.
- System Crases: – This can happen when a computer is facing the QB error 3371 and you will be enabled to access accounting data on your system.
- An Error Code Pop-Up: – A message with the information about the error appears on your display whenever you face this error 3371 in your system. This pop-up message has content like;
“QuickBooks could not upload the license data. This may be caused by a damaged or a missing file”.
For troubleshooting, note the error and type the following in a web browser window.
Click on the “OK” button to close the window.
- Unable to access QuickBooks File: – Because of the error that occurred the user cannot access any of the QuickBooks files. The user has to resolve the QB Error in the first place to get access.
- Lagging in Mouse and Keyboard input: – the QuickBooks error 3371 hit hard to the computer that can be shown in mouse and keyboard that may get enable to input anything on the computer.
What Causes Quickbooks Error 3371, Status Code 11118
To understand the factors that arise from the QuickBooks Error 3371, the user needs to know that the creator of QuickBooks, Intuit makes it mandatory for the user to keep the license information stored in the hard disk. In any case, if the user loses the License information or related file, all the data get corrupted or damaged and the message of QuickBooks error 3371 popped up on the screen.
This error also occurs if the user attempts to clone the information in C:/ Drive to another hard disk. In this case, the user has to delete the License file and re-type the information to get rid of this.
Major Elements that Arise The QuickBooks Error 3371 Issue
- QbRegistration.dat file: – This is the information file that contains all the license-related data that is stored on the hard disk. If this file gets damaged or lost somehow, the user will face the QuickBooks error 3371 status issue and the QuickBooks desktop will not open.
- Damage MSXML component: – this particular component is essentially needed to run the QB Accounting system on your computer offered by Microsoft. By any chance, if this component got lost or damaged use will not allow running QuickBooks Accounting software on his computer. This factor also counts as QuickBooks Error 3371.
- Due to the Anti-Virus Program: -If the user has installed an Anti-Virus program on the PC or has outdated Windows OS, it also interrupts the user to open the QB accounting system.
- Due to Unsave Files: – the QuickBooks Error 3371 may also initiate when the user tries to open the file without saving it in the first place.
These are some of the major elements that occur the issue having QB error 3371. Just to take care of these points any user can prevent its system from this error.
Solutions To Fix QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118
Correcting the error could be a tough task to do but doing this in a proper manner and achieve the goal may return all the accounting data. But before initiating the QB error resolve solution, the user needs to take all the backup to handle the worst-case scenario if ended up messing around.
Solution: 1 Update Windows OS
As there are written above that outdated or incomplete update in windows OS can be the reason for the QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118. So in the first place, the user has to update the Windows OS. To update it follow the below instruction: –
- Click on the “Windows” or “Start” button
- Select “All Program” and click on the “Windows Update” option.
- After the successful update, reinstall QuickBooks Desktop again. And now, you are good to go your problem has been resolved.
In QuickBooks error 3371, most of the user sees the result in the first solution but, in any case, you have not to find the solution move to the next.
Solution: 2 Delete the ECML file and rename the Entitlement file
This type of error usually arises when installation gets failed due to an improper method and the user will face difficulties while opening files from QuickBooks Accounting software. To fix the problem follow the instruction
- To initiate, press the “Windows” button on your keyboard along with the button “R”. This will open RUN Windows.
- After the windows open up on the screen, type C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 then click on ‘“OK” button.
- By clicking on OK, “Window Explorer” will open at that place where all the mysterious HTML files are allocated.
- Here the user can easily find the “ECML file”, take the mouse cursor on the file, and click on the right button, select the “Delete” option.
- Once done with that, close the Windows option.
- After thoroughly follow all the instructions, run QuickBooks, and register the product again.
Now after solution 2, it is expected that QB Error resolved, if not move to the next solution.
Solution: 3 Install the Latest Windows Updates
If the error still in here, follow the third solution to remove it with the following instructions.
- Firstly, click on the “Start Key” to initiate the third solution.
- After clicking on “Start Key” click on “All Programs”.
- Then, click on “Windows update” then hit on the button shown “Check for Latest update”.
- After completion of installing the latest Windows click on the “Finish” button to set up the QuickBooks software.
- Recreate damaged entitlementDataStore.ECML file and solve the entitlement and registration resolving the problem.
- Click reinstall by performing a clean installation of the QuickBooks desktop.
This solution comes up with a successful solution, but the error still stays try the next solution.
Solution: 4 Use QuickBooks Tool Hub
Whenever the issues related to QuickBooks have not resolved by any other method go straight to the QuickBooks Tool Hub to solve this.
- First thing first, the user has to close the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then Download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub on the system.
- Then go to the 4th option in the row name “Program Issue”.
- There you will find the two options, select the “Quick Fix my Program” Option.
- Hit on the “OK” button
- Now open the QuickBooks and the data file.
This tool automatically fixes all the errors related to the license, validation, and registration. If the QB error resolve, enjoy your work ahead if not then please do follow the next solution.
Solution: 5 Change the Entitlement File’s name
For Windows XP user
- To resolve the QB error, click on the “Start” button and then select “Run”.
- In order to spot the “Entitlement DataStore.ecml file” fill up the place with “C: Documents and Settings AllUsersApplication Data Intuit Entitlement Clientv2″.
- Hit on the “OK” tab.
- Now rename the “Entitlement DataStore.ecml file” to complete the process.
For Windows 7 User
- The Windows 7 users will have to initiate C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv*
- Then rename the Entitlement file.
The software automatically creates a new file to rename when the user opens up the QuickBooks but in case the user cannot find the program data folder, then follow the instruction below
- First, go to “Computer” then click on “Select Organize” then Choose “Folder” after that click on the “Search” option.
- Now click on the “Hidden files and folders”
- To complete the process, go to QuickBooks to check the error 3371 resolve or not.
If you are facing a QuickBooks error 3371 status issue, you can simply apply any of the above methods and settle your problem on your own, it simple and easy to do but if you thinking of taking advice from experts or these methods are a bit time-consuming or you may mess up everything so you can contact QuickBooks Enterprise Support team. Here you will find the solutions from the experts and they will make sure to fix your problem as soon as possible.