Quickbooks Error 6147 is one such error that’s encountered by many QB users often while restoring the QB company file over a network also as using it over a network. If you’re facing similar issues in your system then this post is ideal for you where you’ll find every small detail about Quickbooks error 6147 0 alongside possible symptoms, causes, and afterward, you’ll also get an answer to repair this error.
Quickbooks is that the one software that assists its users to manage all the complex tasks of accounting and book-keeping activities. This software is renowned worldwide thanks to its user-friendly and cloud-based interface that helps its users to use this software easily.
But software being software, sometimes it stopped working thanks to some malicious error and glitches that occurred in Quickbooks. Quickbooks error 6147 0 is one such error that also comes alongside an error message and hinders all the continued work on Quickbooks. Read this post to the end where you’ll get to understand all the important aspects of Quickbooks error 6147. we’ll discuss all the possible causes, symptoms, and solutions to redeem this error in no time.
Definition of Quickbooks Error 6177 0
As mentioned before this error is said to restoring or accessing the corporate file of Quickbooks over a network. When a user tries to open or create a backup for all the QBW files from the system to a network, Quickbooks error code 6147 0 appears.
This is not a Quickbooks Data File or There is a Problem With The Data File.
Error code -6147, 0 when attempting to open my company file or a backup file.
The above-specified message is that one error message reflects on your system when Quickbooks error code 6147 arrives on your system.
This error belongs to the 6000 error series that notify the user about the difficulty with the corporate file. you’ve got to wipe out all the junk and error from the corporate file to rectify this error.
Factors that Causes Quickbooks Error Code 6147
It is vital to resolve the error from its root to avoid it within the future. to try to do so you’ve got to acknowledge all the factors that support this error to occur within the Quickbooks company file. However, there are many reasons that cause Quickbooks error code 6147 0 to emerge but a number of the majors are listed below. inspect all the factors below:
- When a drive or a network drive is employed in creating a backup of the corporate file.
- Sometimes Quickbooks error 6147 also appears if the.ND and.TLG file is broken or corrupted.
- When users create a backup by employing a wrong path or with the assistance of a mapped drive that not exists within the system, a Quickbooks error 6147 0 occurs.
- If the QuickBooks company file is saved where misinformation is written.
Symptoms of QuickBooks error -6147
Symptoms are the primary reflection of any error that signifies the users about the error within the first place. Signs of Quickbooks error 6147 are listed below go and inspect all.
- QB users will get blocked from accessing the Quickbooks Company file
- You can not create a Backup for the Quickbooks company file.
- An error message during a message box flashes on the screen immediately after occurring Quickbooks error -6147.
- The user will encounter crashing currently open windows repeatedly over a period.
- The mouse and therefore the keyboard will start getting slow responses from the system.
Now that you simply have ample knowledge about this error it is time to explore all the solutions which will help the users to erase the error from the system.
How to Erase Quickbooks Error Code 6147 0?
We coated each doable technique in conjunction with elaborated steps to urge obviate QuickBooks error 6147 from the system and permit you to get back the work. Let’s examine all those ways down below:
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks File Doctor
As the name suggests QuickBooks File Doctor is completely a doctor for QB files so on erase all kinds of errors that happen in Quickbooks.
- First of all, the user must download the Quickbooks File Doctor/ Quickbooks repair files from a trustworthy site like Intuit.
- Now install the package by running it on qbfd.exe when the transfer method is completed.
- Now run the QB file doctor over the QB File that desires a diagnosis.
- After the scanning method completes, restart the pc system.
Solution 2: Move QuickBooks File To a Different Location
- First of all, the user must log in to the Quickbooks package and head to the File menu.
- After that click on the Utilities possibility within the File menu.
- Now the user must look for Stop Hosting with Multi-user Mode within the drop-down option then click thereon.
- Now the user is required to click on the affirmative button and stay up for the subsequent window to prompt.
- When a replacement window appeared click on the Yes option in conjunction with the company file closed.
- Now restore the pc file gift on the screen
- While playing this system, the user is required to verify that the company file name isn’t over 210 characters.
Solution 3: Configure Trend Micro Antivirus Setting on The System
- To start this system, first, head to the Antivirus setting on the system
- After that, the user is required to select out the Ignore the Track possibility.
- Now overlook the foremost company file kind here.
- After that, Open the QuickBooks company enter conjunction with pressing the Ctrl key on the keyboard at the same time. This method redirects the user to the place where the data file is kept on the system.
- Now begin the Quickbooks accounting package while not initiating any company record.
- when the on top of steps press the F2 key for a brief time, this will show you a pop-up on the screen with Product specification and thus the situation of the company folder path.
- Now the user is required to see if the Quickbooks error 6147 0 still persists or not, if affirmative then attempt another technique to resolve the error.
Solution 4: Rename .ND and .TLG File
Sometimes Quickbooks company file refuses to open due to too long the name of the file. So, it’s suggested to rename the company file name with the remaining .TLG and .ND file extension. Follow the steps to undertake to try to do it right.
- First of all, the user is required to visit the folder wherever the company file is saved.
- Now right click on the dealing log file with the extension .TLG and rename it with the company file names and add recent when the name i.e. Company_file_name.OLD.QBW.TLG
- Repeat the same method to rename .ND file with ever-changing or deleting the extension code. i.e. Company_file_name.OLD.QBW.ND
- Now head to the QuickBooks Desktop to open the company file.
Solution 5: Install Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool
The Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool could also be a handy kit that resolves all kinds of installation errors or injury within the Quickbooks company file.
- Download the Quickbooks Desktop Install Diagnostic Tool from the official website of Intuit.
- After that procedure, the user must install QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool by running the file on QuickBooksDesktopInstallDiagnosticTool.exe
- Completing the above procedure successfully put within the tool on the system.
- After that, the user must run the file on the tool to diagnose the error.
- After the scanning method completes, the user opts to restart the system.
- At last, check whether or not the Quickbooks error 6147 is resolved or not.
- If the error still persists, move ahead to perform the next solution.
Solution 6: Rename .ADR file as a Quickbooks Working File
- At first, navigate to the folder wherever the QB company files are saved
- Now the user must search the Quickbooks.ADR file
- After the continue the Quickbooks.ADR file to open, the user can see recent ADR files
- And then the user must right-click on the recent .adr file and choose the rename possibility
- Now rename the file extension from .adr to .qbw
Solution 7: Run Rebuild Utility Tool
- First, head to the File Menu and choose the Utilities possibility there
- Inside the Utilities folder, navigate to the make the data possibility
- Now the user can encounter a second pop-up window on the screen stating take company file, click on the Ok possibility within the window.
- If the system is showing a message Quickbooks isn’t responding then click on the Ok possibility and proceed to the Utility Tool to run.
- After commanding the utility Tool to Run, the scanning method was initiated on the system to ascertain the Quickbooks error code 6147.
Solution 8: Trend Micro Active Scan
- Go to the folder wherever your company’s file is saved
- Now, press the Ctrl key then double click on QuickBooks to open it while not worrying about the company’s file.
- After that select the company file, which is probably on the very best of the list of the files.
- Now a file list can open on top of things the screen that displays things of the file.
- And then the user must open the scan settings of the Trend small active scan. The user must certify to carefully choose the folder and add it to the exception.
- Now the user will visit the page of Trend Micro support on the website to understand the thanks to set the exception with the files or folder.
Regarding all the above solutions, I hope you’ll succeed to resolve the Quickbooks error 6147 on your own with no further issues.
This post is specially written for all those QB users who face Quickbooks error 6147 0 on their system that interrupts the restoring process of the corporate file. This post starts with the definition of the error in a brief manner. Then, this post leads you to the next paragraph where you’ll get conversant in the factors and symptoms that assist you bent to ease the thanks to resolving the Quickbooks error code 6147 0. Lately, you’ll find the answer part, where you get all the possible methods to repair errors supported by a step-by-step guide.
In case, if you’re unable to repair this error after attempting all the doable solutions written during this post. Then you’re recommended to contact Quickbooks customer support executives, as they’re experts in resolving QB Errors with over a few years of experience. they’re 24X7 available to assist all the QB users around the world on a toll-free number.