As we all know Quickbooks is the best accounting software around the globe. It’s specially designed for small and medium-sized enterprises and non-profit organizations to stay up to their work without fear about hectic accounting and book-keeping work like payroll, tax calculation, estimate business budget, and far more. Sometimes this powerful software stopped working thanks to some errors due to several reasons. When the error occurs in Quickbooks it harms your system also as your business by delaying your productivity.
Quickbooks Event ID 4 or QuickBooks Event ID 4 is one among the errors that occur in Quickbooks Desktop due to corrupted and damaged files in Quickbooks. This error is commonest in Quickbooks and sometimes seen occurring within the company file. When this error arrives, the user is unable to process Quickbooks and therefore the system starts crashing for a limited period repeatedly.
In this post, we’ll explain the QuickBooks event log error alongside the symptoms and reason behind it, and afterward, we’ll discuss all possible solutions to resolve the error. So, start with a fast intro of Quickbooks error event ID 4.
What is QuickBooks Event ID 4?
When Quickbooks is running with some corrupted or damaged file the Quickbooks event ID 4 occurs. When this error occurs a mistake message box appears on the screen with a message stating that “Integration Manager couldn’t hook up with QuickBooks. Please confirm that it’s open”.
Another error message that a user may notice is “QuickBooks Event ID 4 – An unexpected error has occurred in “QuickBooks”: Returning NULL QBWinInstance Handle” under Windows Event Viewer. This is often a window-specific error that will affect the Quickbooks installed on the server.
If you encounter this error on your system, it’s better to research the factors before attempting any task to resolve the Quickbooks Event log error 4. Analyzing factors before an answer helps to know the error more closely and also makes solutions more relatable. So let’s hop at the factors that cause the error in Quickbooks.
What Are The Factors That Triggered Quickbooks Error Event ID 4?
These are the most reasons behind the Event ID 4 Quickbooks. If you’re taking care of those factors this error never makes your work miserable anymore.
- QuickBooks company file is broken or corrupted
- The system is infected by an epidemic or other malware.
- QuickBooks isn’t installed completely.
- If Windows registry has some error, error arrives
- Any of the corporate files got erased in QuickBooks due to another malicious file.
- The trojan attack might be an element during this error
There are often several reasons behind the Quickbooks error event ID 4 but in most cases, it’s caused thanks to .NET Framework 4.0 SPI which arises due to trouble within the Windows 7 OS.
How To Identify The Occurrence of Event Log Error 4 Quickbooks?
There are some signs that show the interference of error with the system and the way this error hijacked your work and stopped it midway.
- The Windows OS crashes suddenly while running
- The computer system will freeze again and again
- When the error occurred, an error message flashes on the screen stating the name of the Eenet ID 4.
- Quickbooks stopped responding at a snail’s pace
- The system won’t answer input devices i.e. Keyboard and mouse.
Now, that you simply have all information associated with Quickbooks Event log error 4 like brief introductions, causes behind the occurrence of the error, and therefore the symptoms that indicate your system is facing this error. So, it’s time to urge ahead to the answer part, where you’ll relate all the factors with the solutions while resolving QB error.
Numerous Way to Fix Quickbooks Event ID 4 Error
There are many solutions to resolve this error from your system but before applying any tough method, I like to recommend all the readers to undertake Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool to erase the error without much hassle.
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- To download Quickbooks install diagnostic tool Software you have to visit the official site of Intuit.
- After downloading the QB Tool, save the Set-up file on your system
- Then navigate to the QuickBooksDesktopInstallDiagnosticTool.exe file, select it then click on the Run option
- Now, the License agreement page prompted on the screen clicks on the yes option.
- After this process, QB Install Diagnostic Tool is successfully installed in your system, restarting your system to use it.
- First, attend the QB Diagnostic Tool.
- To start the scanning process hit the “Quickbooks install Diagnostic Tool”
- This process will take a while to scan the error from your system and resolve it.
- After the diagnosis is completed, just restart your device and confirm all the vital components for QuickBooks are updated.
- This tool is additionally developed by Intuit to unravel different sorts of installation errors in Quickbooks that are easy to use and helpful in every aspect. you’ll either install the Quickbooks Tool hub to use Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
Solution 2: Reinstall .Net Framework on Windows
Reinstalling .Net Framework on Windows may help to resolve Quickbooks event ID 4 because sometimes Incompatibility of Microsoft .Net Frameworks with third-party applications emerges from the error and warning in the Windows Event log.
- Type Windows + R key together on the keyboard to open the Run Window on the system.
- In the Open Field type Appwiz.cpl command and hit the enter button.
- Now attend the Program and feature list and choose the Microsoft .Net framework here.
- After that, select the Uninstall/change choice to uninstall the .Net Framework from your system.
- Now reboot your system
- Now return to the Program and feature Windows
- Navigate the mouse to the left panel and click on the Add/Remove Window feature
- Now, from the list of Program, click Microsoft .Net framework to expand
- Checkmark the first & second check box up the list and choose the ok option
- Follow the on-screen instruction to completely uninstall the MS framework from the system
- Now install the newest version of Microsoft .Net Framework after the uninstallation process is completed.
- At last, restart Windows and open the QuickBooks Manager once more
- After completing the above steps check your system whether the event id 4 Quickbooks is resolved or not. If not then move to the next solution
Solution 3: Reinstall QuickBooks using the Clean Install tool
Before attempting this method to resolve the error, it’s necessarily important to require a backup of your company file to avoid any data loss during this task performance.
- Go to the official site of Intuit and download the QuickBooks Tool hub
- Now Open the downloaded file on QuickBooksToolHub.exe
- After that click on the yes and then the next option to accept the Licenses agreement page
- Now Choose a destination folder to save the Tool and click on the Install option
- Once the installation is completed, go to the 5th tab Installation Issue.
- Now select the Clean Install tool option
- After that, the user is required to click on the I Agree option then select the version of Quickbooks he/she is using
- Now hit the Continue button and then the Ok button
Solution 4: Try-out QuickBooks File Doctor
If non-of the answer makes your system error-free then there’s a possible corruption within the Quickbooks company file, which may be a rare instance. This corruption may trigger the Quickbooks event log error 4 in your system and interrupt your work mid-way. Try Quickbooks File doctor to get rid of this error in no time.
- Download and install the Quickbooks Tool hub
- After the installation process is completed, open the QB Tool Hub
- Now navigate the mouse to the company file issue Tab and choose the QB File doctor option
- After that, use the drop-down list browse the company file to select the desired file that needed diagnosis.
- Now tap on the Show Advance Setting section and choose an option related to the damage and error on your file
- Both file damage and network connectivity
- This option is suggested to pick if the user is facing both file damage and network issue within the company file
- Check File Damage Only
- This option is placed to pick when there’s only a file damage issue encountered.
- Check Network Connectivity only
- This option is suggested to pick when there are Network connectivity errors encountered
- While looking at these three tabs select the second option Check File damage only
- Once the next page prompted enter the Admin credentials.
- Now the Quickbook file doctor starts scanning the file to work out the error (it will take some time)
- After the scanning process is completed, restart your system and check whether the Quickbooks company file is functioning or not.
Here it is, the whole guide that explains the Quickbooks Event ID 4 along with the amazing solutions. Hopefully, the above information helped you well to fix this issue from the system in an easy way. If you liked this article or it may assist you accordingly then please let us know in the comment section below.
In case, you find any kind of issues while resolving this issue then you are advised to contact QuickBooks customer care support to seek their assistance. They are trained for years to assist all the QB users around the world.