Are you facing the QuickBooks Online error 102 and have no idea how to resolve the problem? Give your worries some rest, because we have prepared this article as a troubleshooting guide to resolve QuickBooks issues.
QuickBooks is one of the amazing retail management software, and we are not second-guessing its ability to manage all the data efficiently and effectively. But with many features, the software also provides some tough time to the users. We understand how frustrating it could be to face an error in the middle of your job. Some errors are stubborn enough to fix and some can also damage important data in the system. Hence it is required to resolve the issue as soon as possible. However, we recommend you go through all the essential details regarding the error before jumping into the solution. So let’s begin!
QuickBooks Online Error 102- Brief Description
Users generally face the QuickBooks Online Error 102 while accessing the banking accounts and website. It is a Banking error. Error code 102 QuickBooks affects and damages the file related to the business operations. The problem generally arises due to technical glitches in the banking site or if the site is under maintenance. Some problems regarding the transferring of the data between the QuickBooks and the bank’s website can also trigger the issue in the system.
Resolve the issue as soon as possible before it could affect any other files or folders on your computer. To fix the problem refer to the steps below:
Various Ways to Resolve the QuickBooks Online Error 102
The solutions we have listed below are verified and tested. In case, you do not have the technical knowledge or are just skeptical to perform it on your own, then consider taking some professional help. Perform each of the methods very carefully.
Step 1: Check the Account Updates
Sometimes outdated accounts also cause severe problems and may trigger QuickBooks issues. Therefore you should try to update the account. There are two methods to do it, manually and automatically. Let’s explore each of them one by one.
The first method to update the account is the automatic way. The update procedure generally occurs at 3 AM Pacific Time. The software automatically starts to update, however, if still, you missed the updating then try to update it in the next five hours.
- Go to the Banking from the left-hand side menu.
- Choose the Update button.
- Check in the last column, the date or time of the list is updated.
Some accounts required updating manually. To manually update the application go through the following steps:
- Look for the option Choose Banking, you can get the button from the left menu.
- To update the account, then hit on the accounts that are unwanted.
- Now go to the choice Update.
- You have to enter the credential of Multi-Factor Authentication.
- Hit on the Update button to continue the process.
- This manual method will keep you updated for 90 days.
- Check if you are still getting the error, if yes, then jump to the next solution.
Step 2: Verify the Account Information
Sometimes the information you are entering might be wrong or not working for some reason. Hence check the message notification to understand the problem. Keep checking the history of your account, other transactions, and account history.
Step 3: Verify the Login Information
First of all, try to log in to the website of your bank using the URL. in case, you do not have the URL then perform the following steps:
- If the user has linked with the bank account, then choose the option Add Account, from the right corner of the website.
- If you have not linked it before, then look for the financial institution’s name.
- From the drop-down list, choose the financial institution.
- Fill in the required credentials in the Financial Institution and then choose the continue option.
- After providing the required verification steps, choose the choice Connect Securely.
- From the left account, locate the Bank Symbol to which you want to connect.
- Choose the account type drop-down menu and go for the credit card account/ bank type.
- You will get two options: bank or credit card, choose one out of them.
- Link our QuickBooks account to all the transactions and download the credit card and banking transitions.
- The above process will take a little time.
- After successfully completing the download you need to direct back to the banking page.
You Might also like, How To Fix QuickBooks Firewall Error: Troubleshoot Methods
Step 4: Make Sure that the Account is New
The error may appear if you have a new credit card or bank. The user’s new accounts can not effectively get along with online banking. It is best to directly contact the bank.
Step 5: Wait for the Action of Bank
If none of the above methods helps you to get rid of the error then wait until the bank is fixing the issue from your server. Give it another try after a day or two, and verify if you are still getting the issue or not.
Along with the fifth method, we have come to the end of the blog. We are hoping that the article helped you to resolve the issue from your system. However, if you are still getting the issue then reach out to the support team of the software. You can access the helpline number from the official website of Intuit QuickBooks. The user can contact the team 24X7 and seek help with any QuickBooks-related issues. If you liked the blog post and found it informative then share it with your friends and teammates. Also comment in the comment section, which method helps you to solve the QuickBooks error code 102. We majorly cover all QuickBooks-related articles, so check out our other blogs too.