Script Errors are the most puzzling error encountered in QuickBooks. This error appears sudden to the user while performing any accounting or inventory work on the company file of QuickBooks.
QuickBooks is an Accounting Software pack, developed and marketed by an American software company Intuit which is undoubtedly very popular among small and medium-sized enterprises. This particular software did all the arduous work that can get wrong if a human did it on his own. But with all these pros there are some cons to it called QB errors. Sounds familiar to all the users because at some point in time they all had experienced some of the errors in QuickBooks like QB Error 3371, QB Error H202, or Script Error.
In this blog, we are discussing Script Error in QuickBooks, Defining Script error, why it happens, and the complete solution to this error. So let’s get to the topic with the first question so is, What is the Script Error?
What Is Script Error In Quickbooks?
The script error is the only error that exists without its existence. This error works invisibly in your system that users can’t even determine it on time. There is no sign or clue about script error found in the system, not even an error message box that can be easily understandable to look after the error to resolve it.
The QuickBooks uses internet explorer’s setting to connect with the internet by default and this error generally related to internet explorer. So when the user uses internet explorer to open the QuickBooks company file in their computer system and found that some of the web pages are not loading then the user gets to know that an error has occurred in the script on this page. In another way, it also occurred when the wrong command was executed due to some programming issues then the user encountered the script error.
This error is minor and not related to the safety of the page it only creates disorder in your work system and nothing else not even causes any data loss issue. It is very easy to take out the error from your system just follow the trail to sort it out.
Factors Cause Quickbooks Script Error
This invisible error called Script error may have no signs but have plenty of reasons to emerge it which users have to know to avoid in the future and save their time and efforts from finding and fixing the error.
- The error occurs when the user tries to import a dealing with an account that does not exist or has been created before the import.
- The error arrives when the user tries to import a bill or invoice to that account that does not match with account dues or unavailable assets.
- If the user using the name and account which already exists in the Quickbooks, the Script error occurred.
- If there is any sort of malware dysfunction lies in the system, the error encountered.
- The user will face a script error when the active X component gets damaged/corrupted.
- While using any website if the user gets an infrequent error on the page, a script error occurs.
- When the script processing functions are disabled or blocked, the error arrives.
Now, you are all aware of this error and those factors that triggered its arrival on your system. So, from now make sure to keep these facts in mind and protect your system from this error, despite it is harmless but consume a lot of time and effort to resolve.
Methods to Troubleshoot Quickbooks Script Error
As the above pointer cleared out all the factors that cause the script error in QuickBooks, now in this section, you will get to know about the solution with all those following steps to resolve the Script error from your system. But, first of all, close all the error messages box then process the solutions to perform.
Method: 1 Add Intuit as a Trusted Site
In the first method, the user can add Intuit as a trusted site in the browser as it is the same company that developed QuickBooks. To perform the method follow the steps below.
- Go to the iNternet explorer, choose the Gear icon from the top right.
- Now, navigate the cursor to the Tool option on the browser and then visit the Security tab.
- After completing the second step, select the trusted site and then hit the site tab.
- There is an area field add this website to the zone type the HTTPS://*.intuit.com in it and then hit the Add button.
- Now, repeat the same process in HTTPS://*.quickbooks.com
- Now, click on Close and get out of the Trusted site Windows.
- After complete the above mention steps, choose the custom level, and scroll down to the miscellaneous.
- In the next step, you will see allow cross-domain requests, to enable this option click on Ok.
- At this moment you will have to click on Apply and then hit on Ok to close the windows.
- The last, reboot your system to apply all the changes you have made applied smoothly.
First of all the method may resolve the Script error but in any case, you will find that this method does not work properly then move ahead to the next method.
Method: 2 Turn Off All Add-ons in the Internet Explorer
The second method is all about turning off all the add-ons in internet explorer because there are some of the add-ons that cause blockage in the system and slow down the system. Do follow all the steps to turn off the Add-ons and rectify the script error from your system.
- First, go to internet explorer and select the Tools
- Now, go to the internet option and click on it.
- Another section will showed-up now select the options program.
- Now you will see the Add-on tab, which is the manager tab also, select it.
- Now, you will have to select the disable add-ons option and hit on the ok button.
Now you are done with this method, now go and check the error is still here or not. If this method does not work accordingly, move to the next method.
Method: 3 Clear Cache data of Internet Explorer
In this method, you will have to clear all the cache data of the internet explorer. Caches like cookies, browser history, and other kinds of stuff may become the reason for occurring the Script error. So, now clearing Cache data of internet explorer is the only option left. Follow the leads to perform this method.
- The first step is to go to Internet Explorer and select the option Tool
- Now select the internet option and do the same as the general tab.
- After that, go to the browser history.
- Here you have to select the Delete option and then check-mark on all those caches like history, cookie, and temporary internet file.
- Now click Ok and the process is done.
Now, go and check the error is gone or not because it’s really a very effective process and the user will surely get a positive response from it.
Method: 4 Run Troubleshooting Steps
This particular method is the most effective one and will surely work for all the users who are facing script error because nothing knows Windows more than windows itself. Follow the below steps to perform the method and get rid of the script error in a while.
- The first step is to open Internet Explorer and go to the Tool
- Entering the tool section, press the key Alt from the keyboard to show all hidden menus in the toolbar.
- Now navigate the mouse cursor to the advanced tab.
- Remove the check-mark from the option Display a notification about every script error.
- Now, to apply the setting hit the ok button.
Surely, with all the above methods you will find the one suitable solution to an error that occurred in the script on the page you are working on. If you are performing any of this method to rectify your error, do it carefully, it will result positively and wonderfully with your efforts.
If you haven’t got the solution that will help you out to resolve script error from your system, take help from Intuit’s efficient customer service, they will surely give you a positive response and you will also end up saving your time.